Saturday, July 26, 2008

Voyeur

One time on Oprah she said something to the effect that people like to see how other people live. I guess that's true, otherwise I probably wouldn't feel the need to watch Real Housewives of Orange County. Really though, I like to see what other people's homes look like.

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved to go for drives in the car right at that time of the evening where it's starting to get dark outside, and their lights are on in the house, but they haven't shut their blinds yet. And I have to run on my treadmill because when I run outside I find myself slowing down to check out people's landscaping, therefore not getting a good workout.

Of course, in this day and age, it's easy to be a voyeur. There's real estate listings online and blogs. I have an extensive file on my computer that is full of photos I've gotten (stolen?) from online of rooms I love. I may not necessarily want to decorate my home that way, but it still serves for inspiration.

Here's a few rooms I found that I love. I hope I'm not violating some copyright law by posting them, but it's just because I admire their beauty:



What an adorable laundry room, and it appears to be lint-free. How does she do that?

I love this Santa Fe-style home. That's my problem though; I love too many different decorating styles. That's a whole 'nother post.
I had been pondering what color to paint my kitchen, then I found this picture and she has the same finish on her cabinets as I do. I love this color! I think I'm going to use it!

This one's been on my computer for quite some time. I just think it's cool-looking. Another laundry room. Someday I'll have a grown-up laundry room just like this.
So you see, I'm not some crazy peeping Tom person. And let me tell you why: Years ago I saw a butt in a window as we were driving by, and not a cute one either. Ewwwwwww.

FF

1 comment:

Rue said...

Hi FF :)

I love looking in windows when it's getting dark too. I don't think people will admit it, but I'll bet most do too ;)

Oh and I'll post those tacos later today :)

Have a great day,
rue