Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Fix

So we go out to eat tonight at our favorite local grill/bar/dive and on the way home we're on the ridge about a half mile from our home (subdivision) and the view is amazing. I mean, it is pastoral/could-be-a -painting lovely. That's because our subdivision is on the edge of town bordering farmland. So I say to The Mr. "let's drive out in the country and look at the corn". He says no. "But please, I want to look at the corn", I'm pleading now. In fact, I'm starting to sound like my grandma who always wanted to look at "her corn" about her rented farmland after she moved to town. He says, "I looked at corn all day. I don't want to look at it again". He builds grain handling systems, so I understand this logic. Still..... I want to look at some gosh dang corn. He tells me, "You'll have to wait for your fix. I'm tired."
No cornfields for me tonight. I should've married a farmer.

3 comments:

Rue said...

Hi FF :)

That's too funny. I hope you get your fix soon.

I love that haircut, but can I just look like that girl please?? ;)

rue

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I married a farmer, and we are in the midst of planting indian corn, the seeds are all over my dining room table. He says he doesn't want to mix up the kernels! I have corn in my bedroom (from his shoes during planting), corn in my washer (from planting), corn under couch cushions (from planting)the corn is everywhere! blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

April said...

Dang. It's awful to need that farm fix.

I'm glad you posted the picture of my laundry room. Har har har.