Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Front Yard

You've seen a bit of my backyard. Would you like to see some of the front of our home now?
Greetings! When you come up to our front porch, you're greeted on one half by a hanging basket of lobelia. I love their color! I also have some pink and white impatiens and a little stone frog sitting next to them. Last year you never knew where that frog was going to show up because my youngest lil' dude loved to move him around. He seems to have gotten past that in favor of real ones now. We also have a couple of wicker chairs on the front porch. We used to sit in them a lot, but decided that it's a lot quieter to sit on the back deck in the evenings than the front porch where the 26 or so rugrats (including our own) are running all up and down the cul-de-sac.
We bought this great cauldron at a flea market near Springfield, Missouri several years ago. I decided to plant purple and white petunias in it this year. We get those big moths that look like hummingbirds out there in the evenings.
Clematis:
Impatiens:
Oh, I love these! Black-eyed Susans. They're in my front flowerbed and they were planted by the builder. I'm so glad he chose these!
These were also planted by the builder. They are the most lovely scarlet color:
Some more impatiens I planted in the front beds. They only look good in the evenings, I'm afraid, when the sun has moved around. I need to rethink what I plant here for annuals next year.

So that's a little glimpse of the front of our home. It's always changing, season by season. That's what I love about it!

FF

No comments: