Friday, July 25, 2008

Cup & Saucer

My grandma was not a pack-rat, therefore she didn't have much cute shit sitting around her home. My mom says it's because she didn't save anything, but really I don't think she had much to save in the first place. She came from very humble beginnings and then lived through the Depression, so I suppose she just didn't spend money on "stuff", or cute shit.


She did collect bone china cups and saucers though. She had a china hutch that was filled with these on every shelf. Most of them were given to her as gifts.


My grandma passed way eleven years ago. My aunt got the china hutch, and I'm sure most of the collection. My mom got a few of the pieces as well.


Recently my mom, sister and I had a garage sale and my mom put this up for sale. What?!?! How could she?!?! So I, of course, latched right on to it beings as how I didn't have one from Grandma and I took it home and put it in my antique secretary desk with glass doors.

Here's a picture of it looking all vintage-y: But here's what it really looks like. Isn't it pretty? Yellow is my favorite color:
FF

No comments: