Thursday, July 24, 2008

Outhouse

I want an outhouse sooooo bad. And no, it's not because I would just love to have a spot to pee or poop where someone, i.e. a little person, didn't wander in every. single. time. Actually, I want one to use as a teeny-tiny potting shed. :) And not only do I have The Mister on board with this idea; he agreed to build me one. Yee-haw!
I found this one online and it's kinda cute:
Ooooh, I'm liking this one too. Would ya look at the weather vane?! I just noticed the sign. Smokey's Lounge. Does his wife make him go out here to smoke?! HA!!!!!!
Here's the spot where it's going to go. Yes, the swingset/fort/play area is leaving. I am positive there will be lots of crying and carryin' on when it does, but they don't even play on it. They play on the neighbor kids' because their's has a tunnel.
We're planning on some raised beds on either side for a small garden; some radishes, lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes. Also some zinnias and some marigolds, to honor The Mister's grandpa who recently passed and who happened to be an avid gardener who grew the most gorgeous zinnias every year. They were his favorite.

It's going to be my own little mini-farm and I can't wait. Now if I could just have chickens......

FF

1 comment:

Tamlynn said...

Hi! I just randomly linked here from your post on The Nesting Place because I like your screen name. I'm also a country girl living in the city. Anyway, I lol when I read this post. You probably CAN have chickens. I do, and I doubt your yard is any smaller than mine. They are so much fun. http://tamlynnj.blogspot.com/2008/05/lets-start-with-chickens.html