Saturday, August 9, 2008

Score!

So I found some serious cute shit today, y'all! Just so you know, I used to be all about the cute shit and decorating, blah, blah, blah. We used to live in a log home and believe you me, I was all about decorating it. Then we had one kid, then we moved, then we had another kid.....and well, at least for me, the last thing I wanted with babies and toddlers around was cute shit. Now I start reading all these cute blogs, and slowly get back into visiting antique stores, consignments shops, flea markets, and well, ya know....
So, back to my finds. I loaded up my two little guys and we went to a garage sale yesterday. Now let me just say, I don't love garage sales. I'm not really a competitve person, and I loathe crowds, so a garage sale just doesn't go with that mix. But they had a nice big ad in the paper and it was nearby in a fancy-schmancy neighborhood....and the kicker? Lots of home decor. So off we went. It was to start at 9:00 and we got there at 8:55. The garage doors were closed, but people were already lining up, and she had some cute shit sitting in the driveway. Looked promising. Finally....finally! she opened up the garage doors at around 9:05 and the vultures descended. I ordered my boys to wait outside and look at toys and I was going in.
So, here's what I came away with for $8 even. And that doesn't include the Discovery Binoculars/Viewmaster I bought the boys. Sorry about the blurriness! And here's where it ended up. I had to put that placemat down otherwise the accessories just kind of blurred into it. The tray: (The plate is laying next to it. I just need to pick up a plate stand so it will set upright)
And another look at the tray. You can't really tell, but it's huge!
And here's one of the birdhouses. It made it's way onto the deck where I have my other ones. The cute little white one with the green roof shown in the first picture? I don't know what to do with that yet, so I put it away for now. Along with my cute little witch who will hang on my front door in October.
So, yeah, I guess it was worth the sweating and twitching to get all that loot for $8. However, that was the ONLY garage sale we hit yesterday. One was enough! :)
FF

No comments: