Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I *heart* the Goodwill

I took a deep breath, pushed my twitchiness to the back of my mind and I went in. It stinks, you have to really dig through stuff and you will feel like you need a shower when you walk out.
But all this for just under $25? I can deal.
Score:
(1) Leather handbag, brand new, it even still had the tissue inside it.
(3) Sweaters, one black, one cream, one white. All popular name brands
(1) Pretty and simple white blouse I can wear with anything.
(1) Very nice sweater for The Mr.

Too bad I don't have girls because you wouldn't believe the nice, nice clothes there. Not so much for boys. This time anyway.

And lastly, can I just say? I cannot believe the stuff people take to the Goodwill with price tags still on. Nice stuff. Namebrand stuff. Why? I guess at least they're passing it along rather than throwing it away. I just can't believe the wastefulness, and that's why I've started shopping consignment, garage sales and thrift stores. I feel like it's one more environmentally friendly thing I can do to help out. Not to mention the money saved. Amazing!

3 comments:

Rue said...

Stacey!! Didn't you go in the back where the houseware stuff is?? Great deals on everything, but honey... you've got to walk to the back ;)

Oh and yes, THAT is what you have to look forward to ... yikes!

hugs,
rue

Frustrated Farmgirl said...

Rue, I did go to the back. Nada! There was some junk that looked like it was ready for the trash can. I'm not giving up though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

Glad you found that best kept secret. I *heart* Goodwill too. My mom found a Louie Vitton bag (for real) and I find all sorts of name brand things. Just keep going and looking and you'll be amazed at what you find.