Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My vice

I have a confession to make. I have a little vice that unfortunately doesn't get as much time devoted to it as I'd like; Consignment Stores. And I'm picky too, it must be a nice consignment store, as in clean, neat and orderly. Because frankly, I don't want to sift through someone else's dirty junk. I know some people like that thrill of the hunt where they have to really work for their bargains, but I just don't. It makes me get all weird and twitchy. And then I feel the need to go home and take a shower.

Anyway, back on the subject of consignment stores: I have three that I frequent; one is devoted entirely to clothes and accessories, the second has a mixture of clothes, accessories, and home decor, and the third is all about the home; furniture, home decor and the like.
My love of consignment stores started years and years ago as a way to find bargains. Now it's more about the fact that I feel good buying something and reusing it rather than it getting tossed out. And in the case of buying used clothing; I like that the chances of me running into someone wearing the same thing are pretty slim compared to if I went over to Target and bought a shirt, ya know?

And you won't find me giving out the names of said stores either. In fact, I'm afraid I've already given out too much info as it is. I like to keep them a secret, though I will take my mom with me sometimes, but she wears a different size than I do. And besides, she doesn't tell anyone about these stores either. I have a friend who wears the exact same size as me and she is always saying, "that's a cute top. Where'd you get it." I have to be very careful how I answer this, because I'm not a good liar, but I don't want to give up my information, so I will say something like, "Oh, it's Banana Republic", because technically, that's not a lie. It is Banana Republic, I just didn't buy it there. ;)

Another reason I'm anxious for school to start; I can start shopping again. Shopping with two boys does not work. First of all, you cannot take them into a store with breakables because I don't want to end up buying a ton of broken crap. And secondly, in the clothing store, before I know it, there's a pile of clothes laying on the floor off their hangers and I'm getting dirty looks from the saleslady. Not fun!
17 more days, 17 more days, 17 more days....*sigh*

FF

1 comment:

Rue said...

I know... 12 more freakin' days! LOL

rue :)