Friday, August 8, 2008

Busy-ness

Sorry to be away from the Blog for a couple days. Busy, busy, busy around here and I'm doing good to get online much at all, let alone blog.

Since The Mr. needs to "make hay while the sun shines" ;) the yardwork, which is usually his area, has fallen on me. I really don't mind though. I actually love to mow. It's a mindless activity where I can have some thinking time and the kids aren't demanding my attention. For some reason, they tend to leave me be when I'm mowing.

I also get the task of running parts out to The Mr so he doesn't have to be away from the job site. I like getting that call because that means I get to go for a drive in the country. The boys enjoy going to see Daddy work as well.

We've been school shopping, dentist appointments, packing in last minute summer fun activities. Got my 6yo signed up for piano lessons.

In the midst of all this crazy busyness, I'm also planning a project; painting the kitchen, the dining room and hallway back to the master bedroom. Here's the hallway:

I'm going to take that picture down and move it elsewhere and I'm thinking of doing something like this:
And here's part of the living room. I'm trying to decide what to do with those niches. I don't know if I should pain them a different color or the same?
So that's what I've been busy doing. Painting will wait 'til after school starts as I don't need any little helpers for that, if you know what I mean. :)

Have a good one! FF





2 comments:

Kimba said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love to "meet" the women who read my blog.

I think that photo display would look great on your wall. And those niches are really neat.

I saw something recently where someone painted the backs a different color than the shelves. It looked really neat.

Shannon said...

This is all going to look so good. Can't wait to see it!