Monday, August 18, 2008

Mistreating My Window

Nester is having a little Window Mistreatment thingy over at her site today and I cannot believe I'm actually going to post these pics of my own mistreatment, but here goes:




And you know, for my first attempt, they look pretty good. The fabric is really, really pretty and these photos don't do it justice. I'm just not convinced I'm in love with the swaggy, drapey look and might take it down and make more of a straight, pleated look? Then again, that sounds like a lot of work.

I will say that anyone who comes over always comments how much they like it, so it can't be too bad.

Thanks for looking! FF

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Looks like a great mistreatment to me!! Great job!

The Nester said...

I think you made a good fabric choice with the beautiful wood blinds. What if you pulled the fabric kind of out in between each tack instead of down? Or maybe it is out {away from the wall and just sticking into the air}.

Sometimes I have to fool around with mine a few times before it feels right and you are the person who needs to like it the most!

Don't forget fringe on the bottom--that can really make it feel finished!

Thanks for linking up--you did good!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Gorgeous fabric! I can't quite tell from your pictures--is it higher in the middle than on the sides?

At any rate, you're definitely doing something right if everyone is telling you they love it!

~ Sarah

Meghan said...

Great, great fabric!
Lovely!

Bonita said...

I like the swaggy, drapey look and the beautiful fabric. You did a terrific job! Thanks for sharing.

His Doorkeeper said...

Your fabric is perfect with the wooden blinds.

I think you did a great job!!