Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bird

I have a new buddy. The Mr. and I were sitting on the front porch the other night when he says, "look at that bird" and here's this crazy bird walking around our flower bed. Right away I knew it was a pigeon, but he's much prettier than the typical pigeon you see on top of grain elevators and underpasses. He's even got some purple in the feathers around his neck. I noticed he was tagged, so we figured he must belong to somebody. He was letting us get so close to him.
But now, after a couple days, he's getting a bit too friendly.
You ever feel like you're being watched?

The cat isn't real big on our newest "pet" either. I did call Animal Control today and they said it sounds like a homing pigeon. They said it should leave on it's own accord in a few days or so. Guess I'd better tell the boys to quit feeding him.

1 comment:

Rue said...

Good morning Stacey :)

I like your new friend LOL I had a bird that kept pecking at my window not to long ago and he would just stare at me. I always wondered what he was thinking :)

rue